East End Runners

So many decisions could have been bad!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dec 4 Run: IHOP on Brown's Hill Road

Continuing the tradition of welcoming breakfast related places to the neighborhood, we will meet at the new IHOP on Brown's Hill Road next Sunday. It is a convenient starting point for an Allegheny River loop: down river to the Glenwood Bridge, across the bridge, weave through Sand Castle, then back over the Homestead Grays bridge. I am hoping that others that ran this route last summer will help me remember the tricky parts. If you like you can stay for pancakes after the run.

I am sure there will be run to the run, probably from Common Place - it is about 2 miles from there so I will say starting at 6:35 AM.

Clear skies and a bright sunrise was a good way to finish off a Thanksgiving weekend and a nice start to the holiday season. We ran through one of my favorite (are you thinking that every run is a favorite of mine? I think you might be right!) cemeteries: Homewood. I love that this little piece of quiet is right in our neighborhood. Today we saw 5 deer but no other humans. It was a soothing run - I suspect we will all relish these breaks as we rush toward the end of 2010.

No comments: