East End Runners

So many decisions could have been bad!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

EE Runners Recommendation List

This is a list of people/places/whatever that have been gathered from the EE Runners. For now it is in no particular order since we only have a few recommendations.

Jewelers: (various, 2013)      

  • Doug Dufus from Kenyon Jewelers (412-731-6063/kenyonjewelers.com) in Wilkinsburg is excellent and reasonable.
  • I second the Kenyon recommendation. Gentilcore in Fox Chapel is also reasonable and reliable, but I don't know about their experience with antique pieces.
  • Try Orr's-- they do excellent work and good turn-around
  • William Penn on Murray and in Regents Square. They can take a long time, but they have fixed things for me that other jewelers said couldn’t be done.
  • That's been my experience with William Penn, too.  But I have had some things there for repair since August!
  • Henne in Shadyside
  • Creative Silver & Restoration - 2125 Murray Ave  (412) 421-8330 - Creativesilveronline.com
  • Fred Miller1301 Denniston St. - 412-281-8498 fredric.miller@verizon.net
Chiropractor: (From Joanne Foerster, 2013)

I have had chronic plantar faciitis for two years, tried everything, including podiatrist. Upon the recommendation of my triathlon trainer, I am currently seeing Dr. John Coco, a chiropractor with offices in Murrysville and Greensburg. According to my trainer, he has helped many athletes with p.f.  I am in my 4th week of treatment, and I think he is working wonders. I'm not back to normal yet, but have seen improvement after each visit. Treatment includes dedication to stretching, strenghtening and icing between visits, but I think that's true for any successful p.f. treatment. I don't know if there are comparable chiropractors in the city, but Dr. Coco's success makes the drive worthwhile to me. Plus, he's a nice guy! His phone number is 724-327-1333.


Electrician: (from Sarah Ross, 2013)
I know of a really, really great one that I recommend without reservation: Bill White (Livewire). 
Bill redid all the wiring in our house for a great price. He is very smart, highly skilled, completely trustworthy and works for an unbeatable price. (on several occasions, i tried to convince him that he should charge more money for his work).   His number is 412-452-0638.

Plastering:  (from Sarah Ross, 2013)
I have a great plasterer— Mark Steele. He gutted all of the plaster on the third floor of our house and put up new board that looks fantastic. 
724-787-3158 of Steele Plastering - http://www.steeleplastering.com/
http://www.homeadvisor.com/tloc/Smithton-PA/Plaster-Install/
 
Painting/Wallpaper:
From Susan Hunt, May 2007: Peter Alexandratos, 412-561-2688
From Paula Leslie, March 2008: Luke McChesney, 412-242-4152

Carpet Cleaning
From Elaine Mormer, December 2007: Perfect Carpet Cleaning Inc, 5709 Forward Ave, 412-421-644

Tree Services
These recommendations were gathered in March 2008:

  • Ackerman Tree Service: 412-521-1938 (2 recommendations)
  • Carl's Tree Service and Landscaping (www.carlstreesevice.com) 412-466-3539 (3 recommendations)
  • Three Rivers Tree Removal - 412-422-6201 or 412-464-1298 (1 recommendation but they are new in town)
Pet Sitting 
From Elaine Mormer in January 2012:
This young woman has a really wonderful business taking care of pets and her rates are very reasonable. I am trying to help her grow her business a bit. Thanks!
http://www.pittsburghpetservices.webs.com/

No comments: