East End Runners

So many decisions could have been bad!

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Jan 10 Run: Linden School for an East End Run

We did not talk about a run for next week but sticking with the "close to home" theme how about a run on Meade Street and its environs? Let's meet at Linden School (on Linden Ave, just up from Beechwood). People can choose to run directly back to the Coffee Tree or Linden School to pick up cars. If someone has a grander idea, just let me know.

A solid number of people turned out this morning including a new runner (welcome Jean!), despite it being 8 degrees not counting wind chill! Roye provided a very applicable saying: "There is no bad weather, just bad clothing" - I hope I got that right. I confess I was more focused on my footing than the scenery as we picked our way through the semi-icy roads in the cemetery. There were no deer or fox sitings but it was peaceful as always.
Coffee was particularly welcomed this morning with the cold making it difficult to leave. Food played a big part in the conversations with strong recommendations for buying meat at the East Liberty Farmer's Market - the one by Home Depot that runs year round.

It was requested that I add a link on the blog for eBook recommendations - it is now in the list of the links to the right of the main page. Here is the direct link: http://eastendrunners.blogspot.com/2010/01/ebook-recommendations.html You can add recommendations via comments. I admit I almost called it Books on Tape Recommendations but luckily caught my now-obsolete reference.

No comments: