East End Runners

So many decisions could have been bad!

Thursday, July 08, 2010

July 11 Run: Wendy Bennett Trailhead

I have been remiss in my scribe duties due to a very long holiday weekend and a busy work week but Paula C (the brain) sent this nice recounting of last weekend's runs and proposed the Wendy Bennett Trailhead run for this coming Sunday. I am taking her up on her offer. Alas I won't be there but will be thinking of you as I prepare for yet another regatta in Washington DC.

It has been a nice couple of days of runs. Roye's run starting at Bakery Square had numerous points of interest winding through East Liberty redevelopment and Friendship. I didn't stay for it, but the Bakery Square CTR seemed to get a thumbs up from the running group. Today we had a pleasant run down through Chatham College campus and circling back along Beechwood, up to Linden Ave. We stopped to admire Wendy's impressive garden and then had coffee and conversation at the Common Place coffee shop in Squirrel Hill. We covered many topics including strategies for insuring teen-age drivers and providing them with wheels, Indian weddings and breast milk--just the usual narrow set of topics!

I don't think that we decided on a run for next week. Unless someone else tells you otherwise, I propose the Wendy Bennett Trailhead run.
 

No comments: