East End Runners

So many decisions could have been bad!

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Group Knitting Event

From Teri: I am going to give a call to the owners of the new coffee shop in Point Breeze to see if they will let us use their upstairs studio for an afternoon – probably a Sunday if they are open. It’s really wonderful space that they use for art demos, etc. I’ll let you know what I find out. Everyone feel free to come, especially if you KNOW how to knit – I have a feeling that we will have more students than teachers!

For beginners who want to come, I understand that size 8 needles are good to start with, and as far as type of yarn – I have no idea. Also, my daughter Kate is coming and I recall one other mom this morning (Paula?) saying that her daughter would be into it also – so bring kids if you want as well. More details later….

1 comment:

Anne Jane said...

From Teri:
Looks like we are back to my house after all – the contractor decided to start today (a week early) and the coffee shop in Pt. Breeze charges $45 an hour to use their room! So if you all don’t mind a little bit of disarray at my place, you are all welcome to come over on Sunday afternoon, February 19th – hopefully we will be past the worst of it.

Let’s say 4:00-7:00 PM or so. I’ll probably make a big pot of chili or something very informal like that. If you want to have dinner, that would be great, but if you need to run that’s OK too. Let me know if you think you’ll be coming just so I can get an idea of numbers. Feel free to invite friends and family who might be interested in learning or teaching (especially if they know how to knit – Anne Jane’s neighbor who does might be coming).


My address is 1422 Severn St. in Sq. Hill. Severn is one block long, in between Wilkins and Northumberland, one over from Beechwood towards Point Breeze – if you know where Wheel Deliver is, that’s the corner of Severn and Wilkins.