Last week we explored the South Side flats - basically we ran from the Goodwill to the Salvation Army and back (checking out the potential cashmere haul) and visited the Thinnest Building in Pittsburgh, the Terminal Shops (kind of an unfortunate name), the Heritage Trail, and then settled down into the coziness of Big Dog Coffee, which did have the promised fireplace, plus an actual large dog upstairs. You can tell what most of us are doing evenings by the fact that endorsements fell heavily into the Watched on TV category:
- The Great British Baking Show (many thumbs up)
- Mozart in the Jungle
- The Americans
- Black Mirror - esp. episode with John Hamm
- Master of None
- The Bachelor?
- Movies: Inescapable and Meet the Patels
Also (not sure what this indicates)
- The Aviary
- Bell bottoms, culottes and gauchos
- Locksmiths - Ace Locksmith, and also the Squirrel Hill Locksmith which also repairs appliances.
Finally the great suggestion that, after we learned that PCTV has many slots available, our running group could have a show of our own, modeled on The View. We could call it The Schmooze.