On Sunday we met at Allegheny Cemetery, still a bit dark and creepy at 7:05. After tooling around the streets for a while, we got brave, went in and spent the time running up and down and up and down its many hills - never finding Stephen Foster's grave - but occasionally stopping to gaze at (and be gazed at by) LOTS of deer, maybe gathering there to escape the Mt. Lebanon firing squads. No real signs of spring yet, though those of us with eagle-eye vision perceived some tree buds. Appealing coffee stop at the other Commonplace (was Voluto) Cafe on Penn.
• Dish restaurant on the South Side
• E2 and especially its Sunday Sauce event (click on Events)
• Udipi Cafe - all vegetarian Indian
• Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia
• Taking teenage kids on vacation - NOT