Last Sunday we ended up doing the Wendy Bennett Trailhead run backwards, which I sort of hoped would make time go in reverse, but no luck. However, the park was lovely!
Coffee was chock full of endorsements:
(Does anyone remember Chock Full o'Nuts, the Heavenly Coffee? What did that even mean?)
- Push mowers - hurray for no lawn machine noise! - 2 are available from David Coulson (412-421-1230)
- Support the urban forest and learn tree identification from Tree Pittsburgh
- A true Shabbat without all those impossible rules - like many Israelis do it
- Picklesburgh - I guess we missed it, but there's always next summer
- Upscale exotic popsicles, aka Mexican paletas, available from Popstop around town but if you want to make them, a Vitamix is recommended, and Wendy knows how to get one half-price.
- Moscow Mule cocktails
- Food for Thought caterer on South Craig
- The Independent bar in Squirrel Hill, Whiskey Wednesday and amazing brussels sprouts.
- Superfunk! H.B. Bennett's hit song, Shoot the Pump, and the upcoming Bootsie Collins concert at Hartwood Acres on Sunday