East End Runners

So many decisions could have been bad!

Thursday, January 28, 2016

January 31 Run: from Big Dog Coffee Shop on 2717 Sarah Street, South Side

By popular request, since we haven't done this in a while, we'll run through the South Side, starting and ending at the charming Big Dog Coffee Shop, first introduced years ago by Pam.  I think they have fireplaces!  We don't have a route yet but one will magically appear.

We got a bit confused last week, since I missed Lainy's message about the run starting at her house and offering not only coffee and goodies but mitten-making lessons.  Well, actually I was the only one confused, so I missed the start and ran on my solitary way, also managing to get locked out of my car (damn those electronic keys!)  But it all came together when I saw the runners returning and gathering in Lainy's kitchen for freshly baked bread and other delicious things AND a table set up with sewing paraphernalia and piles of cashmere - yes, cashmere! We cut and sewed like mad; like
the Zika Virus, the contagion of cashmere mitten-making is spreading fast.  If you want to get involved, just ask at the next run - but be aware it may take over your life.  In a nice warm soft way.








Bonus from the Jan. 17 run - photo by Laurie - our view of the Allegheny at dawn.



No comments: